The so-called Haller Castle (after the family Haller of Hallerkő) (no. 75) is situated in a lovely park, with rich vegetation, and is still dominated by centuries old oaks. Today it houses an elementary school. It is believed that it was raised in 1553, right over the ruins of a medieval monastery (fact not proven yet) and that it came to be inhabited by Gabriel Bethlen. It was built using bricks and stones and has now a main building, extensions and a not very high enclosure. It maintains a part from the original structure, with two corner bastions, but also older inside elements: vaults with penetrations, arcades, windows, maybe even paintings or stucco works under the successive layer of plasters.
861 Total Vizualizări 1 Astăzi