The medieval church, built by the Saxon community, disappeared during the early modern (1676) and modern eras (1868).
The fortification around it is mentioned in 1861. That source reveals that it had two curtain walls and two towers. On Marin Schlichting’s drawings, one can distinguish a gate tower, on the south-eastern side, with four levels and a firing gallery covered by a pyramidal roof, beside another tower, also rectangular, located to the south-west, but with only two floors. Its crowning was similar to that of the first tower. The land allows for the hypothesis that the precinct was ellipsoidal in shape, combined with straight curtain segments to the south-east.
Beyond the curtains, a tower annexed to the church to the west had machicolations and loop holes one floor above the nave’s roof truss. All seems to have undergone major changes in 1860, while the last demolition seems to have been performed in 1937.